Saturday, March 19, 2005

are ya steppin' out?

I know the posts have been sporadic, sloppy and some may say sub-standard but as I didn't bring the 'boy called sue' aka my ibook with me, my computer access has been limited to minutes grabbed in internet cafes with Mogolian kids glaring at you, as you have interupted their game to do something as trivial as write.
Sue and I wandered around the market looking for a pair of jeans for me as i now own one pair of trousers, the lads had to run from booth to booth shouting 'tom' (big) but i didnt find anything so we are now in an internet cafe under the glare of the drilling eyes, the boy beside me is playing spiderman. Mom is at home in Sue's flat, we got the night train up last night and I don't think she slept a wink, though i'm certain i heard her snoring. I didn't make her go third class i think i've put her through enough til now and bowed to getting a coupe which we shared with a Mongolian girl, though Mom was afraid someone would come in during the night.
My throat is dry and my lips cracking, i'd forgotton how dry the air is up here and the wind gusting in across the steppe burning your face, but its nice to see Sue and with any luck we'll be able to get a ticket to get back to Ulann Baator in time....ask TomBurke

1 Comments:

At 9:39 pm, Blogger Katherine said...

Who is this Sue and do you sometimes get her confused with your computer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home