Thursday, October 20, 2005

The mystery voice

John Creedon's back and - its not a Cork thing - I like him. At the risk of sounding pretentious, he is unpretentious or at least pretends to be. I'm waiting for a guy to ring me about an interview, though I'm hoping that he won't, though I really need the job or a job, but just those nerves that always set in before you have to do anything semi-official. I even get that feeling going to the cinema sometimes. I don't like people checking things, about me I mean, I always feel like I'm going to get caught out, and not about things like my 'basic Hungarian', I think I must have been a smuggler in a past life and perhaps not a very good one and the apprehension/adrenaline in the face of authority never fades.
They're talking about Buddy Holly on the radio now and he always reminds me of Aisling. She went to Cork when we were about thirteen to see the "Buddy Holly Show" and raved about it for about two years afterwards. She came home yesterday and I went to the airport to meet her yesterday, there were tears all round, though hers may have been tears of embarrassment at my home-made signs. I was hoping that there wouldn't be any representatives of Barry's Tea there as one of the signs proclaimed a welcome from them. She looks fabulous and after not seeing her for a year and a half, it didn't take her long to scream "Banker" across the car park as she headed for Beara with her parents, leaving me to pursue my lackadaisical job search in the little smoke.
For those of you who remember my "Wild Child" job, or lack thereof, things don't change. I went to the Gluckman on Sunday with Mary, Richard and Marc and decided that it would be a great place for me to work. they don't know anything about it yet, but sure, we'll see......

1 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Blogger Katherine said...

ah john. i don't hear him anymore but he's deadly.
a bit of a boyo like.

up the ranties.

that was only a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home