Sunday, February 27, 2005

the never ending story part 1

Fo your information, I started writing this on Friday and am finishing it now, Saturday. :) and now again Sunday with loads more to tell in the meantime, but that will have to wait, I'm testing the time delay for the Oscars....
I've been trying to change the appearance of the blog for ages, it hasn't worked, but perhaps by the time I've posted this i'll have managed it. I'm listening to Marian Finucane here, she has a guy on who has lived in Japan for years and has written a book about his experiences, he speaks like Rory who used to leave here. That could be the way of the future.
I read a few weeks ago about the overhaul that RTE are planning as regards radio presenters and to be honest, as much as i love Marian she wasn't doing herself any favours she sounded quite incoherent, well maybe that's too harsh but she seemed a little out of it.
Mesha wanted me to go to Fortuna tonight with a few of his friends, I declined, knackered and having planned to do some web-site work ........more good intentions. I spent ages messing around with the html changing the blog and no time actually writing, though a lot has gone on and there is a lot I need to get out of my head.
Saturday:
Mom will be here this time next week, it's mad I can't believe it, she rang there asking whether there was anything I wanted and I couldn't think of anything apart from cigarette papers (which I actually forgot about until dad asked), you get used to being without your stuff I suppose, though I am going to spend some time thinking and send a list.
Well back to business......ahem, trying to remember what I wanted to write, I always have these great ideas when i'm walking around and then as soon as I sit at the computer my brain departs and I find myself still sitting there two hours later having done nothing more constructive than read the news. I've been thinking about maybe starting a separate blog thing just for the extra bits, the analysis I suppose as i'm sure most of you find a lot of this quite boring and are hungry for some real live action or news.
Speaking of which, back to the penalli blog, i'm off line now so I can't really remember where I finished. Suffice to say I had been crying to the 'rat' about one of my classes and feeling like an absolute fool. I struggled through the remainder of the day and was cheered up by my evening class which consists of a group of women in their mid twenties, and one guy Max. Max is a bit of an odd character, well not quite odd, but definitely a little on the strange side. I used to wonder whether he just came to class for the ladies, but now I don't think so. he's a bit of a walking dictionary, sounding like he has just swallowed about 6 of them and always comes up with the weirdest synonyms for words, but his pronunciation is attrocious and I find it difficult to understand him sometimes. He works in a bank and so is quite well off, comparatively speaking and is I suppose what people would call a 'new Russian'. He was one of the students I met that day at the ice-rink where your man wouldn't accept my passport and he offered to lend me the deposit money, he was being nice but at the same time I think there was a bit of the "I have that much money on me" to it.
So i emerged from that class smiling and ran into Igor, who was like "how are you today?, i heard you weren't feeling well". Ireland is not the only country populated with gossips. Though with Igor i didn't mind, i like him more and more, in a purely platonic sense, you understand...seriously! Anyway they had been given a bottle of Brandy and chocolates from some of the students......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home