my big hat greek wedding
I didn't bring my bike to the wedding, it just wouldn't have been practical though I thought about it and I toyed with the idea that Brian and Verena might have been tempted by time-trials around the church after the ceremony. It was a good decision in the end as my hat managed to attract as much undue attention as I was able to handle, though some may say I didn't handle it all that well. It was a gorgeous day, and for once the chorus of old people maintaining that they had been blessed was believable, and that chorus got funnier as the day went on. They had two priests, but sure everyone knows Verena is "quare posh" anyway. The first one was really funny, seriously, he was like a Bord Failte ad, without the standard scenery shots or set dancing. He ended by advertising their baptismal services so I don't know you'll have to consult the bvs on that. Our first dilemma of the day was deciding whose side to sit on, we chose Verena, a fact, which Brian didn’t miss, but we weren't going to move half way through the ceremony. There's more......
2 Comments:
God I nearly forgot about the Bord Failte priest, that was gas!
never thought of that choosin sides lark - if you meet a couple for the first time as a couple, it must come up a lot. potential for quite the social faux pas there.
what was priest no. 2 like?
Post a Comment
<< Home