we are floating in space
Ladies and Gents, just back from Marc's and the excitement of broadband, it was enough to convince myself that had I broadband here at home, you'd be reading a lot more of my wandering thoughts.So now I have red bits in my hair, it's not some sort of psoriasis or mutant dandruff but the product of two hours of head stinging agony. The aim was to mimic the 'style' of a few years ago when Mom dyed some of my curls red. but this is now and my hair is long and I didn't dye the rest black, its not a total disaster but definitely not a candidate for the 'I wish I had hair like yours" stares.
I had a lovely weekend, my first cycling weekend since I came back from Africa. A cycling weekend in my terms entails cycling into town, cycling around town for a while and then cycling home with half a kilo of prawns, lemon sole, plaice, vine tomatoes and sun-dried tomato and fennel bread strapped on the carrier. Though the items strapped to my carrier are open to variation.
We watched 'Withnail and I' on Saturday night, I always forget how funny it is and then strive to remember all the witticisms only to laugh at them all anew everytime I see it. In a very surreal moment on Sunday I was prompted to shout 'scrubbers' at two guys who roared past us in a jeep shouting something equally flattering. It just came from somewhere deep within and perhaps from a love of Richard E. Grant's coat. (I know Chris Evans owns it now, but I don't fancy him).
We found a hidden village called Kilmacsimon, though Ger told me today that it's where the police bring the 'drug' boats in and do/smoke/snort whatever they do with their contraband cargo. We parked the car and walked the twenty or thirty metres that constituted the street only to be confronted by a family bringing their two llamas for a walk along the sea. Mary believes that the place vanished as we drove back out of there and I'm inclined to believe her.
There's a repeat of the Late Late show on, with the gardener man, who reckons that people start gardening in their mid thirties or when they buy a house, I always knew I was ahead of myself. My courgettes are a wee bit floppy (no innuendoes intended or gladly received) and I think the slugs may be getting at them, so i'll have to try and sort that out this week. Tomatoes are doing fine though and the parsley leaves have started to take shape, who knew that parsley has triangular leaves in its early stages.
It's Patrick's birthday tomorrow. I just left a bouquet of flowers on his door step and sprinted back to the awaiting Mary in the car, I wanted to ring the doorbell but I thought I might then get caught. My boss Ger gave me the flowers today, he bought them for a shoot and then passed them on to me, I nearly gave them away to some-else (very distraught looking member of staff in the quay co-op) before the Patrick doorstep idea struck me.

5 Comments:
jeeeesus orlagh sure you never needed to go to budapest or irkusk (sp) or kenya. look at the beauty right there on your doorstop. gorgeous photies, the light, the composition, the sujects only fab-o-lus. Especially fionn - he looks deadlyglgl
Hi and thanks for congrats:)
My mobile is 89086627089. Shit, I can't send you sms... Soon I'm going to make a post about my birthday... don't switch into another channel
CALLING ORLAGH! giz yer postal address there, maybe via email though would be best. wanna send you an invite for the big day (after)
Today is June 22, and the big-eyed banker is still floating... Orlagh, what about coming for the third session which starts on July 10???????
weird look orlagh
pat
Post a Comment
<< Home