Tuesday, February 08, 2005

for those who dream of crocodiles

Soon there will be two 'bankers' in Russia, you can save the gasps, I'm not pregnant, there is absolutely no chance of that, I repeat no chance, but Mom is thinking about coming over in March, wahoo!, My plan to take over Russia may finally come to fruition.
Work goes on, I explained the concept of a work ethic the other day to some of my students, while cursing my own. I remember talking to Verena about this before and we came to the conclusion that it is the result of growing up in a family business. You end up giving your all, even though it may go unappreciated and is perhaps a worthless exercise, such is the case at the moment at ABC. The big meeting last week was reminiscent of what we learnt in school about Roman forums. A heated, aggressive and yet inconclusive discussion, though of course I realised this far too late and in my naivety assumed that my input might actually be considered. But things are not all that bad and there are a lot of worse places I could be working..........Donnegan's Spar.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 pm, Blogger Katherine said...

Now Orlagh, did we not have a discussion in which we decided neither of us had really applied ourselves EVER?

Fair play Mary Banker.

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger orlagh said...

Katherine i thought that discussion amounted to the realisation that people thought we were intelligent when we were young, but that something happened along the way and now.......

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Katherine said...

I thought it was about fear of failure, I'm shocking scared of that, I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home